Call Now For Help
How large of an opening do bats to get inside a home?
If there is an opening or crack the size of a match book or larger, you can be sure a bat can fit inside as well.
Local Santa Fe, TX Bat Removal Services
A pest species is considered a pest when they have a tendency to take up residency within dwellings in close quarters with people. Bats are considered a pest species because of their tendency to do that, and the rise in Santa Fe bat removal calls is a testament to the growing problem.
There are a number of complaints that pest removal agents get concerning bats, here are the top 5:
- A loose bat stuck in the house
- A bat swarm near a building or home
- Odor as a result of the urine and feces
- A bat in the chimney
- Bats in the attic or barn
The process of Bat Exclusion in Santa Fe Texas
People want and need, to have bats and bat colonies removed from the areas that will put them in close quarters with these animals. There is a necessary Santa Fe bat removal process that needs to be carried out in order to make sure that the removal is successful and to make sure that they don’t return.
- Inspection- The building where the bats are getting into needs to be fully and thoroughly inspected. The areas that are allowing the bats to come and go need to be located.
- Species Determination- During the inspection, one of the things that need to be determined is the species of bat that is the problem. Different species have different habits when it comes to nesting, hibernation, and reproduction.
- Exclusion- This part of the Santa Fe bat removal process allows the bats to get out and not get back in. It is best to not try and trap the animals because even if they are removed and exclusion is not done properly, they will be able to get back in.
- Seal- Much of the sealing process is done during prior to bat exclusion. The sealing at this point is done on the primary entry and exit points that were left open for them to get out. Once all the bats have made their way out, the final exit points can be sealed so that the animals do not get back in (AND NOT BEFORE).
- Clean- The final step is to clean up the mess that the animals have made. The urine and feces that these animals produce can cause a lot of health and structural issues for people.
Aside from the fungal infection of histoplasmosis (an infection that ails the lungs due to the fungus that grows on bat droppings), bats are a common carrier of rabies. This may be because bats are able to bite people in their sleep without them knowing or due to their size, people may be less threatened by them. It may be that the strain of rabies that bats carry may be more likely to infect people. Never approach a sick bat or a bat that is found on the ground because it is possible to be bitten as they are trying to defend themselves. There is no repellent that will work for bats and there is no simple way to remove them. Exclusion of bats is the best and most effective way to deal with them. It can be a difficult process and it is best left to professionals who are trained. Amateur attempts or the use of poison can make the problem much worse because of the presence of rotting carcasses or bats swarming in other areas of the building. Santa Fe Bat Removal Reviews
Bat Control Services Santa Fe
Santa Fe bat removal is extremely important in stopping the spread of disease from bats in the attic to a homeowner. One of the most prevalent diseases that bats will transmit, aside from rabies, is histoplasmosis. This is a fungal infection that is caused by inhaling the spores of the Histoplasma capsulatum fungus. This fungus is present in the bat guano that they leave behind. When people enter the areas containing guano, they may stir up the spores and make them airborne and breathable. When people are exposed to these spores they can end up with symptoms that range in severity from a bad flu to feeling like tuberculosis. This infection can be mild and healthy people will be able to fight it off themselves and more severe cases are going to require anti-fungal medications and hospitalization.
Bat Removal Cost
Santa Fe bat removal costs greatly depend on many factors. This includes the size of the home, the difficulty to access the bat’s entry point, the necessary safety measures, colony size, guano accumulation, and many other factors. Many people would like to know “what’s a ballpark on the cost of bat removal from an attic”. Unfortunately, it can range from $500 to upwards of $30,000 and more for large colonies. If you are facing bats in the attic and want to know the cost on removing bats in the attic in Santa Fe, call us today so we can give you an accurate estimate based on your individual needs.